Minchau School flooding - relocation of students for January 8, 2018
Over the winter break, our school experienced significant flooding due to the cold weather. As a result, students will not be able to return to classes and will be relocated to Jan Reimer School on January 8 while our school undergoes clean up and repairs. It is too early to say how long students will be temporarily relocated at Jan Reimer School—we are still assessing the damage and will provide updates once more information is available.
Transportation will be provided to Jan Reimer School for any students who need it.
Information for students who normally take the bus:
Students who normally take the bus will follow the same schedules and the bus will be re-routed to Jan Reimer School instead of Minchau School.
- Pick up times and locations will remain the same in the morning.
- Drop off locations will remain the same after school, but students may arrive 10-15 minutes later due to travel times.
Information for students who normally walk to Minchau School:
Students who don’t normally take the bus and require transportation to and from Jan Reimer School will be picked up and dropped off daily at Minchau School. Staff will be at Minchau School to help students get on and off the bus safely.
- Pick up: Students will need to be at Minchau School by 8 a.m. for transportation to Jan Reimer School.
- Drop off: Students will be dropped off between 3:45-3:50 p.m. at Minchau School.
- Morning Kindergarten: Kindergarten students will need bo be at Minchau School by 8:00am for transportation to Jan Reimer School; they will return to Minchau School at 11:50am.
- Afternoon Kindergarten: Kindergarten students will need to be at Minchau School for 11:30am for transportation to Jan Reimer School; they will return to Minchau School between 3:45-3:50pm.
Students who normally get dropped off at school:
Families who usually drop their child off at Minchau and would prefer to drive students to Jan Reimer are welcome to do so. If you choose to drive your child to the school, please note the appropriate entrance, exit and drop off lanes.
If you would prefer for them to be bussed to Jan Reimer School, your child will need to be at Minchau School by 8 a.m. and will arrive back at Minchau School between 3:45-3:50 p.m.
If you have questions about transportation, call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.
What to expect Monday, January 8 upon arriving at Jan Reimer School
Staff will greet students on Monday morning and direct them to their classroom. Students will still be in the same classroom with the same teacher. They will have their own classroom just like they would at our school.
If you choose to drive your child to the school, please note the appropriate entrance, exit and drop off lanes.
STUDENT ITEMS AND SCHOOL SUPPLIES
Student items, such as indoor shoes and school supplies, were packed up with the other classroom items and will be at Jan Reimer School on Monday.
You do not need to buy new indoor shoes and school supplies for your child. Items left on boot racks will be available in the Jan Reimer School office for students to pick up.
Parents are welcome to tour Jan Reimer School on:
- Monday, January 8 at 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 9 at 6:00 and 6:30 p.m.
We’ll share updates here on SchoolZone and on epsb.ca. If you cannot find the answer to your questions you can also reach us by phone,
- Before January 8: Minchau School is closed during the winter break. If you cannot find the answer to your questions here, you can call 780-429-8585.
- After January 8: After the winter break, you can call the regular Minchau School phone number at 780-461-0616
We know this sudden change is unexpected, but we will do everything we can to make temporary plans as smooth as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Cindy MacDonald, Principal